Tight Tolerances Achieved with Typically Low-Cost Tooling
Hi-Tech operates many types of flatbed die cutting presses in certified cleanrooms. Flatbed die cutting is performed in our Tijuana, MX facility – providing US engineered quality at off-shore pricing for labor intense processes.
Several Types of Tooling Available
- Steel Rule
- Low Cost and Quick Set-up, Ideal for Prototyping
- Class A (matched metal) – Extremely tight tolerances. Processes can be automated for high-speed throughput. Ideally suited for high volume microfluidics / diagnostic test strip production.
- Metal Engraved
- Extremely Tight Tolerances
- Chemically Etched
- For thin substrates only – low cost / tight tolerance
- Compound (or hybrid)
- Dies are created by combining matched metal components with steel rule components (common in metal stamping). The steel rule components are used to cut the less detailed part of the shape (the outer perimeter for example) and the matched metal components are used to cut the more detailed shapes. REMOVE (Once tooled and assembled, the compound die is placed inside a press to be used for long run, higher output programs).