Tight tolerance slitting, sheeting and rewinding
Hi-Tech Medical specializes in a variety of slitting processes, including tight tolerance rotary rewind slitting with precise tension control, ideal for delicate material requiring extremely tight tolerances and narrow widths.
- Tight Tolerance Rotary Rewind Slitting – Extremely tight tolerances (+-.001”) can be achieved with rotary rewind tooling on medical grade materials. Hi-Tech has custom designed machines that can rewind narrow, delicate and pre-treated diagnostic membrane materials.
- Certified Clean Rooms – Custom tape slitting, plastic film, and film slitting services, are performed at Hi-Tech Medical in certified cleanrooms in both the USA and Mexico.
- Score Slitting (crush cut) – Score slitting or crush cutting is a type of rewind slitting that utilizes circular knives to press against a steel cylinder or mandrel with material being pulled through, between the knife and the mandrel. Score slitting is more appropriate for materials of uneven thickness.
- Shear Slitting – Using two rotary blades, ideally suited to cut foil, paper and denser materials.
- Razor Slitting – is a type of rewind slitting that utilizes single razor blades. Material is pulled through the stationary blades, making clean precise cuts. Razor slitting is best suited for thin materials like films and adhesives.
- Lathe (Displacement Slitting) – Lathe slitting or displacement slitting is the process of taking a log of pressure sensitive material and spinning it at high speed on a stationary mandrel while a circular blade cuts the material to specified width. A fast, low cost process typically associated with cutting down rolls of tape.
- Rewind Turret Slitting – Can slit and rewind short rolls automatically. Hi-Tech Medical custom-built turret rewind slitters are equipped with multiple rewinding stations, commonly referred to as “revolvers or turrets”, to automatically run in continuous fashion for maximum productivity & throughput. Ideal for making short rolls, slit to a specific width.
- Plastic film slitting – All types of plastic films can be slit in a certified cleanroom
- Custom tape slitting – Large inventory of 3M medical and other medical grade adhesives in stock
- Film slitting services – Every type of slitting process is performed in certified cleanrooms